Sunday 18 April 2010

Silent DVD?

I recently completed putting together a DVD of the Appleton Players last show, following some changes I made after review the first version. This time everything looked fine, but there was no sound on the footage of the show!

The extras I had put together had sound, and the previous version I had produced had sound, but for some reason this copy did not.

So, this morning I went back to the project and looked (and listened) to each stage only to find that the sound was not playing back in Adobe Encore. The clip in question was a Premier Pro sequence, included into Encore as a dynamic link. Opening the sequence in Premier Pro revealed that the sound existed there. I started trawling the web for answers and found that there may have been an issue with transferring the data from Premier Pro to Encore, and this is related to the cached files.

I have now spent most of the day clearing caches, reloading assets and reverting transcoded files to originals. Having tried several times, I finally have the sound back in Encore (it is writing to DVD now, hopefully the sounds will be on that too).

No comments: