Monday 27 September 2010

Retro Weekend

This weekend I decided it was time to free up some space under the TV and get rid of my old Nintendo consoles. Since I had not used either the SNES or the N64 for over a year I decided it was time to move on.

Having decided to get rid, I spent some time this weekend dusting off the consoles and games and checking they were in working order before putting them on eBay. As I worked my way through the collection, checking things worked and deleting save games, I got a little misty-eyed as I recalled old friends whose save games I deleted and remembered some of my favourites from years gone by...

The upshot of this is that once the consoles and games were tested and packed up ready for sale, I decided to browse the marketplace on my new(ish) xbox and see what I could find of those games that I ended up playing more than testing. Seems a few are available for download, while others have modern-day sequels, I'll have to take a look when I have more money.

Still, I did discover the Game Room, a virtual arcade, on the marketplace and spent a little too long playing asteroids and pitfall on my modern wonder of entertainment.

No comments: